Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Few Distress Cards

These 3 cards are what I"ve done with some of my "home work" assignments from the Creative Chemistry 101.  I was working large label size, then cut them down to card size.

I'm still waiting for my order of Distress Markers, 2 months now, & more stains, I only have 4 & more inks.

This first one was done with Distress Stains including Picket Fence.  I inked up the background stamp with Picket Fence then the female was stamped using Versafine Archival.

I'll admit to my faux pas, I stamped the woman before I stamped the white words so then the words were all over her, so I stamped her a second time doing pretty good I think.

For this one I inked the 2 3/4  x 5 1/2 cs with distress ink, then flicked, rubbed some embossing powder off before heating, embossed the entire piece going over it with a sponge & a brown Distress ink.  I stamped using Stazon white, & black inks.
I don't usually do tags but I do have a tag stamp.  This was done putting various distress inks to cs, then flicking some perfect pearls on top & brushing them around.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

These look very nice. I think I like the one with the woamn best and I certainly have to get some of that white pciked fence ink!
If I were grading your homework you would get and A+

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Hi, Your addicition sounds alot like mine. Love what you did. Thanks for sharing!

SandraSS said...

These are really nice! I can't wait to get the Picket Fence media. I didn't have that color in anything for the class.

momelisse said...

Hi Barb -
Its momelisse from CC101 and the Facebook group. I've become close to obsessed with finding this woman silhouette stamp ever since you posted the card on the Facebook page. I've spent more time than I should searching... its amazing how many stamp companies have come and gone over the years! I just love that stamp but it seems I'm out of luck. So, I have a big favor to ask... would you be willing to use the stamp in black ink on white paper and send it to me? Either by snail mail or if you have a scanner, it could be electronically. Sure would appreciate it - then I'll have the stamp made up... probably I'd have to alter her a bit I think for copyright issues. If you would be so kind, please let me know. My email: bayviewmmcf at gmail dot com
Thanks! melissa

Blog Archive